Thursday, February 12, 2009

VDay


In honor of Valentine's Day..I thought I'd share a little about my husband and I!

Steve and I met eachother in highschool. He was a senior and quaterback of the football team and I was the freshman and... I could make it perfect and say cheerleader..but no, I was on the varsity soccer team. We met during the fall and started to get to know eachother..had some ups and downs..but then began dating in April. April 16th to be exact! I know I know..now I can't even remember what the date was yesterday, but something about highschool love has you remembering all of those special little dates.
It was never really a thought about seperating while he went away to college. Grant it, he was only in school for a year, not the typical 4 or more. But he was offered a good job and couldn't turn it down.
We stayed together all though my highschool years and got engaged the summer after I graduated. Crazy, huh? Looking back, I think how young I was and how crazy we were. But we were in love and that's all that mattered.
We got married 2 years later. We were planning a big winter wedding in south jersey..but all the planning was making me nuts and we totally switched plans and decided to get married in Jamaica. We had 30 of our friends and family come with us and we had an amazing time! After returning from our honeymoon, we did a brunch reception with everyone who couldn't make the trip to Jamaica.
To our surpise, a couple months later, we found out we were expecting..but not just one baby, but two..TWINS! A shocking and amazing surprise. My great grandmother had twins..but it was never really a thought that I could possibly be that blessed.
Carson and James arrived on July 2, 2007..a year and 1 day after our first wedding anniversary.
Bringing you up to today..we now have two 19 month olds who we adore and we're approaching our third anniversary.
I would have never thought when I was 14 and a freshman in highschool that my life would be where it's at now. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

Heather's House said...

Hi, my name is Heather and I just wanted to stop by and say hello...I have no idea how I found your site. Blog land is a weird thing. ha! Anyway, your story caught my eye. My husband and I are also high school sweethearts. He was a senior, and the quarterback. I was 14 and a freshman....played the drums in the band that year. ha ha! We dated all through high school, college and now have been married almost 15 years. I just thought our stories were so alike....although I am a little older than you! haha! Take care and have fun with those precious babies!

Heather :)