Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the beginning

I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing, so bear with me, but I thought that it would be a great way to watch my boys progress and for others to see what life is like with twins.

Carson and James are already almost 8 months old! Where did the time go!? I'm going to back track a little to quickly get you caught up to where we are now.


I woke up extrememly early on July 2 to go to the bathroom..and well to keep it short and to not go through all the detail...my water broke, later we found out that it was Carson...and we were off to the hospital in a matter of minutes. I was 35 weeks along, so the ride to the hospital was a little scary. I didn't know what to expect. 'Where they going to be healthy?' 'Would they be in the NICU for weeks?'

I had a c-section, and I nervously awaited to hear how they were when they came out. I think I asked the nurse 20 times if they were okay..Where they breathing okay? Are they a good size?Thankfully, they were two perfect and healthy boys. They were in the NICU for about an hour just to be monitored and checked out, but then brought to the room to be with us.

That was such an amazing moment. I couldn't believe that they were finally there with us..after months of heartburn, swelling, leg cramps, going to the bathroom every 5 minutes..they were finally here...and healthy!

We went home as a family 4 days later..and life hasn't been the same since.







Carson
6:14 am
5 pounds 14 ounces
19 inches




James
6:16 am
6 pounds 1 ounce
18 3/4 inches




















Mommy and the boys & Daddy and Carson



Carson (in blue) and James (in green) coming home!!











No comments: